The candidate will act as the strategic and operational lead for Permitting, Land Assembly and related technical & environmental management project located in province of Bergamo.
He/She will plan, lead and manage the permitting inputs, applications and renewals also the stakeholder engagement strategies from the current stage of project exploration and development through to construction and production and define optimal strategies in relation to
Political/Regulatory approach, permitting documentation and stakeholder engagement.
- Develop engagement strategies and be the key liaison and with all external stakeholders at a State, Regional, Provincial, National Park, Municipal and Community level to support successful development of projects.
- Manage and lead all permitting schedules in relation to land and environmental workstreams, ensuring effective project delivery to defined budgets and timeline.
- Identify, manage, mitigate, and report on related permitting risks and manage permitting related public relations initiatives to mitigate risks and promote Company initiatives, including public affairs advisors, PR agencies, media, newspapers, and social media content providers. Also, work in conjunction with the Community Relations function to guarantee consistent messaging and actions.
- Define scopes of work, and run tendering processes to engage required advisors related to legal, land, environment and permitting processes.
- Interface with the Engineering team to provide necessary design & engineering outcomes to be included in permit applications in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare/assist preparation of licence and permitting applications and ensure adequate quality and compliance with requirements.
- In conjunction with Company consultants, monitor government policies, laws & regulation changes and market trends related to the project development, communicate, and apply key takeaways to project and business strategies. Influence on regulatory discussions on behalf of the company
- Negotiate the conditions of environmental offsets and compensations to stakeholders including landowners, the community, National Parks and Municipalities.
- Develop all activities under the strictest observance of Safety and Environmental rules and procedures.
- Manage compliance with legal and regulatory requirements through processes and procedures, including environmental monitoring, data gathering, processing, and compliance reports.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong track record of delivering consents and permitting for significant industrial projects in Italy
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the current Italian environmental and permitting legislation
- Ability to engage effectively with and manage multiple stakeholders
- Experienced in managing external consultants with associated contractual and budget responsibility
- Proven management experience and capability to manage complex technical project requirements
- A team player with strong interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills
- Fluent Italian and English